Wednesday, July 20, 2011

HOLY WOW It's Been A While

I've been MIA for a while now. Long story short, I got married in April and things have been a little crazy since. I apologize for the serious lack of updating, and I don't in anyway expect there to be any readers left out there. But if there is, here is a little update on life and the R/K world. ***A few pics from the wedding and honeymoon at the end of the post.

In the past (almost) 3 months, I have managed to cook supper without burning it. That might have to do with the fact that my husband cooks most of the meals. Oh well...train them while you can. Right ladies? ;-) But really, he does a wonderful job, and I adore that he actually likes to cook for me. One funny marriage story happened a few days ago. I had flushed the guest bathroom twice, with no luck in the water level going down. *Disclaimer: I have a tendency to use WAY too much toilet paper.* I was going to give it a few minutes to see if it was going to go down on it's own. I've witnessed it do this, so I was crossing my fingers for the best. All the sudden I hear this weird noise....I look over to see water POURING out from the toilet. *panic mode ensues* I completely forgot what I had learned about 10 years ago when this same thing happened. TURN OFF THE WATER! Yeah, mind went completely blank, and all I could think to do was yell husbands name. I believe, "COME QUICK!" was my command. Needless to say, this was about 10 minutes before I was to take husband to the airport to leave for 5 days. His comment to me was, "ummm, maybe you should go stay at your parents. I'm afraid to leave you now." All was good in the days that he was gone, and I managed to keep the toilet overflowing under control.

Besides that, marriage has been pretty fantastic...other than people (mainly at church) asking me every 2 seconds, "How is married life?!?" That question gets old...quick. But I like to reply with the smartass answer, STILL MARRIED! The other question I get a lot is asking what annoying habit I've learned from being married to him. Honestly, not much. We were together a little over 4 years before tying the knot. You learn A LOT about someone in 4 years.

If I had to pick the hardest thing to deal with about marriage it would be not seeing my family everyday. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm extremely close with my family...especially my brother. In the preparation leading up to the wedding day, my two lovely co-workers half-joked (because a part of them thought it would really happen) that as soon as I came back from the honeymoon, I would spend the first night back at my parents. And while I did go visit my parents that first night back, I didn't stay ;-). Adjusting to living without them was a lot easier than I had imagined. Except for the couple of sad text messages I got on occasion from my family. The first one being on the wedding night. We were getting ready to settle in for the night when my phone buzzes. I look and it's a pic text from my brother. It's a picture of my room at my house with the message that says, "Empty :-(" Yeah, that pretty much caused an emotional breakdown of the uncontrollable sobbing sorts ...and makes me want to cry just thinking about it. However, as time has passed, I have adjusted more...with the occasional sadness going home to an empty room.

So yeah, that's an update on what has been happening since I last posted. For those of you that have read this blog before you may be wondering where all the R/K goodies are. Don't worry, there will hopefully be another new post later on this week. It was just too much to fit in one post. If you read, please let me know you're out there. Anonymous comments are welcome! To my RL friends/family that may be reading this...if you know me, then you are most likely aware of my Rob/Kristen/Twilight obsession. To my friend/co-worker(s) that may read this, I know you know about my extreme fangirling that happens in this are. I like to think you accept me for this and love me just as much ;-).

xoxo

Enjoy the pics!































No comments:

Post a Comment