Monday, August 16, 2010

Breaking Dawn Fantasy Post...courtesy of the lovely JW!

A few weeks ago when I posted about the Breaking Dawn fantasy post, a lovely reader emailed her suggestions for the wedding. They were pretty awesome! To make things easier, this post will mainly include her email she wrote to me...with the pics included. ENJOY!

"I don’t have strong opinions/imagination for some things like décor, flowers, and bridesmaid dresses.

I’ll give you some rambling thoughts about the wedding dress.

I remember watching Anne of Green Gables on TV almost every year for the longest time. I loved her pale-blue puffed-sleeve dress. It was so sweet for that time-period, but not for a 2010 wedding dress.

There’s a movie called “A Room with A View”. I think it’s around the same time period. There are some pretty dresses in that too. Again, it may be too matronly for modern sensibilities. I couldn’t find full length dress pictures.


Titanic was around the same time too. Here’s a modern dress that I found on Polyvore where someone linked it as a Rose-inspired dress. Very curve hugging and sexy. Kristen could rock it, just like the form-fitting Herve Leger and Bally dresses she wore for the Eclipse promos. I would love to see a sexy Kristen in the movie. I guess that would be vampire Bella.

***NOTE: JW-I cannot find this dress you linked me...include the link in the comment section if you have it cause it's a BEAUTIFUL dress!!!

Only in the past decade or so, the most prevalent wedding dresses have been strapless. When I saw Ivanka Trump’s wedding dress, I thought, beautiful and classic, but it’s probably not early 1900s enough.


I think Summit should hire a top designer (e.g. Monique Lhuilliher, Vera Wang, Badgley Mischka) and have them design a gown based on the AoGG era, but with a modern spin on it. Like everything else, Summit should spend the extra money on this. They should try to make a movie as if they were aiming for best costume, makeup, etc. Oscar nominations.

Here are shoes from Miu Miu that I found on http://beautifulthingstoshare.blogspot.com/. It has great pictures for wedding inspirations.



And these shoes for the dance:


I think Edward’s tux would have to somewhat match Bella’s dress in terms of era, but they shouldn’t look like they were going to a costume party.

First dance song – Endless Love. I really like the version from Glee."



Again, thanks to the lovely JW for sending in her ideas! And if you find the link to that dress, let me know and I'll update the post.

A/N: We will discuss all the epicness that has happened these last few days...because let's face it, it's been like Christmas around here!!!! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey JWink22, that's so cool that you posted what I sent you. Sorry, I tried looking for that dress again and I can't find it. I should have written the designer.
    Yep, it's been a heartstopping weekend. I can't wait to read your post about it.
    Thanks for telling me to get on Twitter. Even though I don't tweet, it's given me the latest news ASAP. Gah, I knew I would get addicted!
    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JW-thanks for sending me all of your ideas....loved them!

    And yes, Twitter is very easy to get addicted to. But you get the news fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all the Anne of Green Gables talk is hillarious because Anne comes from Prince Edward Island which is an hour away from where I live. You can visit the house she "fictiously" lived in, the town she lived in, ect. It's pretty cool and every girl who grew up around here probably went as Anne of Green Gables at one point for Halloween hehe BUT I definitely worry about an Anne style wedding dress. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete