Monday, July 26, 2010

Ranting and Raving...and not in a good way

First off,

Dear Runaways DVD,

The release date for you was July 20th and Amazon is saying I won't get you until the 27th. You are only coming from KY, and I live in TN. 6 days to get here does NOT make sense to me. Please get here soon.

♥'s me

***Note: I actually got it on Friday. Got a text from Amazon during the day saying, “we are unable to deliver your package to the new address.” WTH?!? There was no change of address. Called my brother at home and he told me it was there. Shew, I thought I was going to have to throw down!


Speaking of the Runaways DVD, a ton of people were tweeting about seeing The Runaways last night. Most people are loving it…and that’s exciting! But after looking at a few tweets, I started to see a trend in tweeting about Kristen. People were saying, “I was surprised with Kristen…girl can actually act.” Uh, no shit asswipes! If you are just now realizing this, then I feel sorry for you. And it is blatantly obvious that you have not seen any of her other movies.

Okay, I’m about to go on a tangent so please bear with me. I am sick and tired of seeing stuff like this, “The Runaways was pretty good. It was nice seeing Kristen Stewart in something that doesn’t involve sparkly vampires.” What is up with people constantly bashing her performance in the Twilight movies?!? It’s getting so beyond old it’s not even funny. I understand it is not the finest piece of literature ever written (and we can thank the heavens that Kristen’s movie version of Bella is a shit ton better than book Bella) and we all poke fun at it from time-to-time in good fun, but good GOSH the constant hating is ridiculous! Let me ask you something, if people hate Twilight so much then why do they feel the need to constantly talk about it??? Yeah, doesn’t make sense to me either. I have a cousin (and I love her to death don’t get me wrong) that feels the need to make fun of it everytime she’s around me. She’s read all the books but hasn’t seen any of the movies. And she wants to borrow the movies from me….and for what? So you can make fun of them after you’re done??? HA, I think not! Go borrow them from someone else.

Something else that irritates me is this whole “twilight vampires aren’t ‘real’ vampires.” I’m sorry, but I was under the impression that vampires DIDN’T actually exist! So where is the manual that says they have to be killed by a stake thru the heart or by being exposed to direct sunlight? Shouldn’t that be up for interpretation if they don’t exist? That is half of the fun in it…because they are not real, authors/filmmakers are able to create their own world with it. And yes, I probably just sounded like a huge nerd with that little rant, but hey I’m okay with it. I own it! LMAO.

Now on to my Kristen soap box…LEAVE THE GIRL ALONE! She is only 20-years-old. I haven’t seen anyone more scrutinized than she is…and for lame ass reasons too. If you have a problem with her because she does not conform to the “celebrity” persona, then you’ve got some serious issues going on. Let’s get this straight, so your issues with her are which one of these? 1.) She cares way more about her fans than the promotional aspect, 2.) She does not feel the need to give away every single detail of her personal life, 3.) She puts 150% into the roles she plays, 4.) She cares so much about what she does that she does not want what she says to sound insincere, 5.) She gets nervous when in large crowds of people (because be honest, normal people would never be like that *sarcasm*), 6.) She doesn’t enjoy 30 paparazzi (guys) chasing her through airports or whenever she goes out (cause Lord knows that doesn’t make girls uncomfortable AT ALL) 7.) I could go on for days……

….So which one will it be???

I wrote this blog several days ago and wanted to publish it over the weekend but didn’t get a chance to. I guess it happened for a reason, because I really want to address the paparazzi situation that went down with Rob this weekend. I heard about the pics and the website that posted the video.

Dear Shittastic gossip site (I’m not naming names),

Your article about what actually went down that night was total bullshit! You spun the story your own way to get hits, and what happened in the video was nothing like you wrote.

Not so sincerely,
~Me


I watched the video, and I was absolutely disgusted! The man is just trying to get home for crap’s sake! He even said in the video how it makes him uncomfortable to drive when people are following him. Let’s face it, if you hate driving and you have like 5 people tailing you, then that poses for a very nervewracking situation. He didn’t even yell in the video…just calmly asked them to stop following him….to his freaking house! Yeah, I do not see how this isn’t an invasion of privacy or harassment what these papz do! And don’t even get me started on those cops. Protect and serve my ass! It’s a really sad day when you ask for help from the police and all they do is just stand there. I seriously would like to send them a dictionary with the word “harassment” highlighted and underlined…because I honestly don’t think they know the meaning of the word.

If I hear one more person say, “well they are a celebrity, they asked for it!” then you are personally inviting me to slap you across the face. These people are human beings like the rest of us and don’t deserve having their privacy invaded! Nor should they have to endure the feeling of being unsafe when 15 papz are following them trying to find their house. Why is that so hard to comprehend for some people???

Okay, I’m done for now….

Breaking Dawn fantasy post should be up in the next few days.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you wrote.
    I liked Twilight just because of Kristen (and Rob of course). They didn't appeal to me in the movie pictures, but after watching it on DVD, I was hooked on them. I liked how she played Bella, not sweet, cutesy Disney type.
    I have not watched the papz video because it sounds too sad and I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of getting another hit. I'm sure Rob is probably so over it now.
    QOA

    ReplyDelete
  2. *inhales sharply*

    I totally agree with everything you have said and I'm going to start with the Rob vs Paps situation. Do we really need another Princess Diana tragedy to happen for the paparazzi to wake the hell up? I think people have too soon forgotten that a beautiful, intelligent, incredibly compassionate PRINCESS was taken from us because of the sheer stupidity of the paparazzi. And I'm sure being from the Crown land that the death of Princess Di hit home for him even if he was little when it happened. I still remembering hearing of her death and I was 13 years old. I remember it perfectly and I'm in Canada. I can only imagine how much worse it was over in England. When Rob said to the cops about the paps following him through red lights, the princess diana accident was the first thing that came to mind. That high speed chase through the tunnel. Someone needs to STOP these guys before another tragedy like that happens.

    Secondly, SO happy you got your Runaways dvd. I bought mine the day it came out and have watched it twice since. love love love it!

    Thirdly, I know a lot of people who hate Kristen for no real reason at all except that she just bothers them. To each their own and I'm really lucky that they do not try to argue with me on the matter. I'd go apeshit haha.

    I'm going to find a Bella Monique Lhuillier dress photo tonight at work and email it to you TONIGHT! I keep forgeting but tonight is the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous (but I know who you are ;-))

    I saw the movie before I read the books, and after seeing them on screen, I was hooked! And yes, I prefer how Kristen portrays Bella better than the book version.

    And yes, the pap video is very sad and disgusting. I knew before watching it that it would infuriate me...and it did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Crystal

    first off, ILY! Cause wanted to tell you that :-)

    I responded a little about the Princess Di situation in your email. And yes, it's like people have completely forgotten about that. How chasing someone in their car is not seen as a traffic violation is beyond me. Seriously thinking about writing a letter to the LAPD letting them know how bad that situation made them look. Shameful!

    I <3 Kristen. That's all there is to it. And I'm super protective/defensive of the things I care about!

    Thanks for the pics you sent...flove them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so trueee! everything u wrote is damn true!

    ReplyDelete