Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Wedding...This Time it's Mine!

My ideas for the most recent blog post have gotten pushed back a little. A pretty exciting event came up that I thought I would share with you guys instead. Some of you know what the big news is, but for those who don't.............I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!! Yes, after 3 and 1/2 years he finally proposed. Most of you are probably thinking it shouldn't have come as a shock when he did it. But believe you me, I was in shock! Let me tell you why. Sometimes he will joke around and get down a one knee to act like he's proposing. I think he just likes to make me squirm. So when he actually did it, I was saying, "omg, no, no, no, no...what are you doing?? are you serious right now?!?!?" Complete and utter 0_0 moment! Even though I love him to death, and we've been together for so long, the idea of being proposed to freaks me out<----#TrueFax


RING!

This past Saturday we went on about a one-mile hike up to this fire tower. The stairs up to the top of this thing were shaky and ridiculously steep. I'm not scared of heights, but this was pushing it. I told him on more than one occassion on the way up, "I can't go any farther. It's too high." lol. But we finally got up there and after admiring the view for a while, I decided to eat a Reece's cup. I sat down and plopped one in my mouth. He was behind me at this point trying to get me to turn around. But obviously I was too engrossed in my Reece's cup to pay attention to him. After giving up on that, he got up and was like, "You want to take some pictures?" I'm thinking, "Uhhhhh, okay, he never wants to take pictures." Yeah, should have been my first hint. The next thing I remember is turning around to see him on one knee. Cue my freak out when I actually saw the ring in his hand. 2 seconds after he got the ring on my finger, we had to haul ass down those steep stairs because he thought he heard someone coming up the road. He wasn't sure we were technically supposed to be up on that fire tower. WHOOPS! Anyway, I seriously talked the ENTIRE way back to the chair. The mile hike back seemed more like 1/4 of a mile because I was asking so many questions.


me with my ring when I finally got to the car and calmed down a little. we shall ignore the fact the I have NO makeup on.

Now that I've calmed down and have actually had time to swallow the word "fiance" (<----that's a hard word to start saying), it's time for me to start planning my wedding. By the time my cousin's wedding is done in October, I will have been a bridesmaid 3 times within the past 2 years. So, yeah, I've done my fair share of wedding planning. Now it's my turn, and i'm already FREAKING OUT! The hardest part for me is picking out colors and reception decor. Here's where you guys come in. Suggestions/ideas/thoughts anything are VERY VERY VERY much appreciated and welcomed with open arms!!!!! So this is a blog post you can comment on anytime within the next 8 months. Feel free to send me anything. Or even email. Here are my ideas so far.

This is the color I'm thinking for my bridesmaid dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color?&colorName=Sangria

I want their bouquets to be hot colored roses (yellow, orange, magenta). Something along these lines.



What do you guys think? What color flowers would you suggest for this dress color?

Secondly, the recpetion decor.......this is going to be a pain in the behind to figure out. Do you think pinks, oranges, and yellows would be a good color palette? Here are some pics I've found so far.







HELP!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You're married! I'm so happy for you. The colors you have picked out already are so pretty, and I have never seen them used before. The colors compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! I'm really happy for you! (if youre happy, thats what matters!) I dont know about the colors, I mean, what about the season? is it gonna be in April? where r u plannig to do it?... the location says a lot about the colors and everything else... just let us know what more u have in mind ok? we'll be glad to help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee! Still SO excited for you!!!!
    When is the big day? I love the sangria colored dresses and bright roses are always fun! can't wait to see all of the ideas and themes you come up with!!!! And again CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the congrats.

    The wedding is going to be April 30th.

    My mom thought the purple was too dark for Spring, so now we're going for a coral/pink color. Yeah, said I would never have pink in my wedding...but looks like its happening. lol

    We are getting married in the our church's campshed. It's covered, so rain won't be a major issue. But let's still pray for no rain.

    I will update the blog with the newest ideas.

    ReplyDelete