Friday, June 11, 2010

Breaking Dawn....a letter

So yesterday came the "official" annoucement from Summit that Breaking Dawn would be 2 films. Were we really surprised...no. I honestly do not know how they would have made it to only one movie. Wayyy too much material. I'm trusting Bill Condon to do a great job because if it's not done carefully, it could really suck...big time! There's also rumors floating around Twitter that Summit is "definitely considering" making it 3D............................................................................................Pardon??? My reaction to this="WHAT?!?!?!?" *stomps foot* "NO, NO, NO, NO, HELL NO!" Why, please tell me why.

3D is only good for action movies. And we all know there ain't none of that in Breaking Dawn. It's a huge climatic buildup, then POOF! I saw my first 3D movie a few weeks ago (Clash of the Titans). And let me tell you, I was seriously like, "uh, what was the point in that?" And $25 for 2 ppl, HA! screw that! Summit has gotten worse and worse at dealing with these movies as each one comes out. It scares me. So I took the time to compose a little letter to Ms. Rosenburg concerning Breaking Dawn........

The following message is from Melissa Rosenberg's Facebook page. She wrote this at least a month ago.

Melissa Rosenberg "Thanks for all your thoughts! My feeling is - more or less blood, or more or less graphic violence, sex or childbirthing gore doesn't define Breaking Dawn. It's the characters, their journey, their relationships. The other stuff won't change that. So regardless of the rating, the story, essentially, is the story. ...I won't be able to satisfy ALL fans, but hopefully more fans than less. Keep commenting! xoxo, Mel"

Dear Melissa,

Have you read the books or are you just demented? Just curious...because if you think the honeymoon (sex) isn’t a vital part of the story, then you should be fired. The series has led up to this point. There wasn’t sexual tension throughout the whole story for nothing!!!! If you even attempt to take out the honeymoon or childbirthing scene, you will have taken away a very important part of the series. For the honeymoon, I don't want any of this "fade to black" shit then Bella wakes up pregnant=LAME! If I don't see some pillow biting, flying feathers, torn lingerie, or broken head boards...I will throw a sh**fit! No seriously, I am NOT kidding.

I understand having to keep a PG-13 rating, but if Stephanie Meyer puts it in the book like that, you can definitely put it in the movie. “Remember Me” had a PG-13 rating and we got wall sex! I want some of THAT in Breaking Dawn. You don't just have a teeny-bopper audience. You have an adult one too. Kids that have read the books know what happens. I know the series prides itself on chastity, and I understand. But in case you weren't aware, they are MARRIED when they have sex! That is okay to promote!!! You are allowed to downplay some of the graphicness of the birthing scene, but if you take out the honeymoon-I WILL KILL! That scene better be no shorter than 15 minutes!

Fare Warning >:-\

xoxo

-Jessica

P.S. Pitchforks and torches are on standby


I am a little worried about this. Because if they screw up the wedding/honeymoon/and birthing scene, then you might as well not even make the damn movie. I think devoted fans can help write a much better script. And I vote we campaign for a petition for "BREAKING DAWN IN 3D=FAIL" Who's with me?

Oh and by the way, I totally forgot about Edward taking off Bella's garter with his teeth at the wedding. O_0! How could I forget THAT! P.S. That best make it to the movie! I honestly might pass out if I see him do that..........DEAD!

3 comments:

  1. haha you nailed every concern of mine home in that letter. its true. everything in the first three books led to that honeymoon scene and to fade to black would be a slap in the face to every fan out there. do they really think the teeny boppers don't watch sex in other media forms? look at every teenage tv show out there. sex sex and more sex. they need to get over it and deliver.

    And yes. I will be PISSED if its in 3D. I hate 3D movies. Yes Avatar was beautiful in 3D but certainly not necessary. Aziz Ansari got it right at the MTV Movie Awards. People who are like 'Wow that shit looked so REAL' are crazy. 3D is the very definition of UNREALISTIC.

    ok. that was my rant on your blog haha. I love the new layout! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Melissa R. doesn't want to make the birth scene graphic, then what is the point of 3D? I just don't understand. lol. And feel free to rant anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! have u thougt about posting this in Melissa Rosenberg´s FB? u should u know, so maybe she can´t say she wasn´t warned =)

    ReplyDelete