Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Give the Girl a Break!

On my way to the beach this morning, the bf (boyfriend) and I were chatting. He’s flipping thru the radio stations, when all of the sudden I hear this woman say, “What is wrong with these Twilight kids?” I immediately straightened up and screamed, “WHAT?!?!?!” The news lady started going into Kristen’s rape comment thing. Are you for real?!?

*P.S. I had just got done explaining the whole situation to the bf. Not so much a situation as it is complete Bullshit! But I asked him if he heard about it on any news stations and he said “Fox News.” *fail face* Seriously ????? This made freaking Fox News????????? BF then told me how he agreed and she shouldn't have said what she did. I glared at him and let him know he was walking a fine line. He was purposely trying to get me in a tisey.

Anyway, the news lady “bitch” was telling how Kristen was talking about rape victims. Can’t remember her exact words, but she totally twisted the hell out of it when she first started talking about it. Needless to say, fumes were shooting out of my ears the entire time.



Then she went on to talk about Taylor and his abs…saying he was now embarrassed to show off his muscles. News lady was like, “dude, they could have gotten anyone to play him….it’s part of your character…blah, freaking blah.” Basically in a nut shell she was saying, “since you now have abs of steel, you should take off your shirt every time a teeny bopper squeals, “show us your abs TAYLOR!” Seriously, these two news anchors were MORONS! I was literally screaming and cussing at them while they were talking. I made a mental note of the radio station so I could write them a lovely lil letter.

For serious, give the girl a break! I think people refused to see the irony in her comment. It was a metaphor/similie (what the hell ever...it's been wayyy too long since I've had a grammar class). She is an ACTOR, not a CELEBRITY! She is in this industry because she loves making movies. She doesn't care about all the Hollywood crap that comes with it. I understand that you are going to be followed around by paps every now and then. I understand that. But to be put in the kinds of situations she is in is just flat out ridiculous. It's scary and dangerous. No one should look scared when they are having their pics taken. That's just wrong, and there needs to be some type of pap law passed--->and actually ENFORCED! And for her comment to actually make it onto shows like Fox News is beyond crazy. We have oil rigs barrelling out oil by the tons, but we see a need to cover this??? REALLY?!?!?! This ladies and gents is why I do not watch the news...it's depressing, and sometimes seriously makes me lose faith in ppl.

No comments:

Post a Comment