Wednesday, June 9, 2010

MTVMA of Epic Proportions!

Today is my first day back to work since Friday. I've been at the beach with the bf and his fam since then. Coming back to work blows, especially during the middle of the week. I also came back to rain, which is really depressing since I've had sunny 80-90 degree weather for the past 5 days. But it was a wonderful, too-short vacation. Seriously, I needed more time there...sad face :-(

I was anxious to get home though. I love my family (and still live there) so I was happy to be able to see them. But the drive home felt like it took eons! We got to stop at Hooters on the way home so that helped. Yes, I love Hooters. It's one of my fav restaurants! No really, I'm serious. One of the things I was most excited about seeing was this....



Here is her *bitchface* bahahah!



How freaking cute is she??? For real, my dog is like my LIFE! I could write a whole blog post on her. Maybe I will soon...

Anyways, back to the beach...Most days we wouldn't be back in the room until late in the afternoon to take showers and get ready to go out to eat. So keeping up with updates on Twitter was a serious challenge (by the way, I've been trying to get on Twitter for like the past HOUR and I keep getting the freakin whale! and everytime I type www.twitter.com in the browser, it brings up google in Arabic! WTH is going on???). I had already warned the bf that he better find something else to do on Sunday night because I was watching the MTVMA...and I needed to concentrate. Plus, if he stayed around he was going to witness first-hand my true obsessiveness.

So Sunday night rolls around. We go out that night to Margaritaville (which took a freaking hour and 45 minutes to be seated!!). I was in a panic thinking I wouldn't be home by 9:00 pm. We were...and I sat down with my laptop logged onto Twitter and turned the tv to MTV. It was then that I saw the abomination that is Jersey Shore. We have to watch THIS for an hour before the awards start??? Who's bright idea was that? I have no words....

My bf stayed around for a little while. He kept talking to me while the awards were on (and he knows I cannot STAND that!). I was seriously thinking, "go to the pool already!" lol. No, I love him to death. Just really needed to be alone to concentrate.

First up was KStew's Best Female Performance win. I was jumped up and squeed! When she walked by Rob and touched him stomach, I said, "people are gonna have a hay day with that!" and they did. I was so excited to see them sitting together...made my night! My bf talked about her awkwardness, and I seriously almost shoved him off the bed. The best kiss nomination was coming up, and the bf was walking around and stopped in front of the tv. I yelled, "MOVE!!!!!!" Yeah, he didn't appreciate that too much. Needless to say, he went to the pool shortly after that.

Second was the Best Kiss....I was about to throw up I was so nervous. Honestly, I was afraid Tay/Tay were gonna win after hearing everyone freak out on Twitter. So when J. Biel only got out "Kristen" I was already jumping up and down on the bed screaming! I totally missed Kristen tripping on her way up and Rob grabbing her. I was too busy trying to look at Twitter and the tv at the same time (big mistake). Luckily I can check robstenation blog because they are super quick to update any new info. Huge shoutout to you!!!!!!!! The "best kiss" acceptance was full of awkwardness, which I loved. Totally them. At one point you can hear ppl in the audience shouting, "DO IT!" I was totally screaming that as loud as I could...in my head! lol. Loved that Rob sneaked in that lil kiss at the end. You could tell by her face b4 he did it that she wasn't expecting it. But his face afterwards was a total WIN!



Third...Rob's acceptance speech for Best Male Performance and Global Superstar (so happy he won!). When he thanked Kristen at the end, I could just imagine the collective "AWEEEE!" from fans. It was precious.

So all-in-all is was a pretty epic night! I was glad I was alone for the most part to indulge in my completely obsessive fangirl way.

Movie Awards pics courtesy of mtv.com

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fab time, but boo at you being back at work! LOL at your dog's bitch face she's a cutie :o).

    We didn;t get the awards in the UK until Monday night so I skipped Twitter, but I did chat to a friend on Messenger instead. It was pretty much along the lines of 'Rob said stiff' and 'He said hard' lol. Yep, we're in our thirties *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That is awesome. He makes our minds go to the gutter. I hope you get to watch them soon. It was wonderful! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete