Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fandom Suckage

For some unknown reason, I cannot log into blogger at work and it’s KILLING ME! So I’m typing this post in a Word document, and hopefully it will get posted on the site sometime soon.

There are some points I want to address in this post. It seems like things in this Twilight/Rob/Kristen fandom have gotten a little out of control lately. Okay “a little” is an understatement…things have gotten BIG TIME outta control. During the Eclipse TwiCon Press Tour this, fans had a wonderful opportunity to attend the panel with Rob, Kristen, and Taylor. Now, some of us aren’t lucky enough to go to every single event Twilight related…I’m not even lucky enough to go to 1. So we depend on the fans that do get the privilege of going to record these events. And how do we get rewarded…………….by having peeps scream thru the whole event!!!!!!!!! I mean honestly! What is the point in going if you don’t even listen to what they are actually saying?!? Some of us actually do care. This was me trying to listen to the videos ppl uploaded…



And the things some “fans” scream out during these events are down-right ridic! Totally embarrassing. Like shouting to Rob, “I NEED YOU!” Really??? Do you actually think he finds that attractive/funny/cute? No, that=creepy.



And then the other day, the ER thing went down. Supposedly ER closed her Twitter account because of crazy Twi-fans sending her nasty messages. Whether that is the truth or not is questionable. Some of her comments on Leno did come off as a bit snarky, but the tweets sent to her because of it are inexcusable. Seriously ppl, how old are you??? This fandom gets a bad name because unfortunately there are those individuals that do not have that brain-to-mouth filter. You give actual “sane” fans like us a bad name. Rob and Kristen are adults. They are certainly capable of taking care of themselves. No wonder Kristen hates Twitter. I just hope she never sees how much backstabbing and trash talk really goes on.

On another note, I completely understand if you do not care for someone. To each their own. We all have those ppl in our lives. But most of us are mature enough to look past it and just not talk to and/or about that person. But to stoop to the level of this is just sad and completely disgusting. Here is a quote from someone on YouTube. The comment was on a video of Kristen dropping her award at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards…

"AHAHAHAHAH I LOL'D SO HARD AT THIS AHAHAHAHHA. Kristen, you're retarded. Just as every Twilight poor and mediocre cast member. I hope you lose your clitoris in a very weird and funny way, you untalented and timid peace of shit. "

What type of person wishes that on someone? There are people that I don't care for, but never in a million years would I wish such a horrible thing. Whoever wrote this needs a serious reality check. GROW UP!!!!

I have read so many things that people have written about Kristen (and Rob too) that just make me cringe. It’s really funny how all her fans say she is the sweetest, kindest person EVER! But you have reporters and gossip columnists saying all these negative things like, “She needs to stand up straight, she needs to dress up more, she needs to smile more.” Okay, first off, the whole smiling thing hits a huge nerve for me. I mean HUGE. For every picture that you find of her not smiling, I will find 3 of her smiling to counter that one. The biggest place they hound her for it is at events and premieres where there is like a billion flashing lights going off in her face. She has even admitted to the energy being thrown at her at these things is overwhelming. And they crucify her for not smiling at every single photographer. Well you get up there and see how you feel when ppl are screaming at you and telling you to do this and that. I’ve been to enough graduations to know that after awhile, you have to force yourself to smile after so many pics. You seriously feel like you have to unscrew the smile on your face when the pictures are done. Not so fun!

The worst excuse I hear is that, “well, she’s a celebrity…it comes with the territory. She asked for it.” Ummmm, no she didn’t! Making movies and bringing her characters to life is what she cares about…not all the Hollywood stuff. Sadly, it’s the opposite with most actors. They care too much about the parties, glitz, and glamour….

I’m sorry I thought actors were there to actually make movies, not be hounded by 30 paparazzi asking if you’re screwing Robert Pattinson! Seriously, the questions these paps ask are beyond intrusive. It’s harassment!!!!!! How do people not see that???? That’s why they call it a personal life…because it does not belong to anyone else except them. So please reporters, interviewers, etc. STOP ASKING THEM THAT FREAKING QUESTION ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! They aren’t gonna answer for a reason. How you have not figured that out yet is beyond me!

Okay, off my soap box for now. Funny little thing happened the other day while I was meeting with one of my students. She came in and was talking to me about some stuff…she saw my Bella poster hanging on the side of my filing cabinet (the one that came with the Eclipse soundtrack). So she asked me if I was excited for the movie to come out…..”uh duh!” lol. Then she proceeded to ask if I was Team Edward or the other guy. Me=”Team Edward definitely.” She said, “well, I’m that other guy…oh what’s his name…..TAYLOR!” haha. She couldn’t even remember his name. I had to resist the urge to bitchface her when she said Taylor. j/k! I guess I will have to forgive her lapse in judgment because she’s one of my students. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. lol! u make me laugh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could put a smile on your face ;-)

    Don't know if you saw or not about the fantasy Breaking Dawn post, but would you like to join in on that?

    Do you have a Twitter account?

    ReplyDelete